Hillside Memorial United Church
Port Carling United Church
With help from the Investing in Ministry Fund, Metropolitan United Church excavated a new basement to create meeting and event space, and accommodate the congregation's social ministries.
TORONTO UNITED CHURCH COUNCIL HAS A LONG TRADITION OF PROVIDING LOANS TO UNITED CHURCH CONGREGATIONS AND MISSION UNITS FOR:
- constructing, expanding or redesigning space to house a specialized ministry (e.g. seniors centre, food bank, etc.) or to accommodate a new tenant (e.g. day care, social service agency offices, etc.).
- adding or modernizing space for a growing congregation or for sharing by two or more congregations.
- redesigning a sanctuary and chancel area to provide for new worship opportunities.
MAJOR REPAIRS & RENOVATIONS
- major projects such as roof replacement, parking lot resurfacing, brickwork restoration, foundation waterproofing, and septic system repair or installation.
- removal of asbestos and other contaminates.
- remediation of underground oil storage tanks.
- updates to kitchens, offices, entrance areas, and program space.
- installation or updating of wells and water systems.
- landscaping and signage.
- interior decoration and furnishings (e.g. carpet replacement, furniture purchases).
- acquisition, installation, and repair of organs, pianos, and other musical instruments.
ENERGY EFFICIENCY UPGRADES
- ramps and manageable exterior entrances.
- elevator installations.
- accessible washrooms.
- sound systems.
- handicap parking space improvements.
- replacement of appliances with Energy Star units.
- building envelope improvements (e.g. windows, air sealing, insulation).
- heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning updates including fuel substitution and energy control automation.
- interior and exterior lighting changes.
- alternative energy strategies, including solar hot water heating, geothermal, solar photovoltaic, and wind power installations.
FINANCING YOUR PROJECT
STEP 1 - Review Council's loan information brochure which describes in more detail the type of loans available and shares endorsements from previous borrowers. Additional and more detailed information is available in Council's Loan Policy.
STEP 2 - Check all sources of funding within the United Church and elsewhere. Often these are not well-known or well-publicized. The Financing Resource Page will help you identify available sources of financing that can be accessed before you seek a capital loan from Toronto United Church Council.
STEP 3(a) - For capital loans, complete and submit the fillable and/or printable Loan/Mortgage application form.
STEP 3(b) - For energy efficiency upgrades/renewable energy projects, see the Sustainable Energy Loan Fund information brochure to determine if your project qualifies for special financing. There is a separate SELF loan application form for this financing.
For more information on financing from Council, contact Ron Ewart at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 905-771-5124 / 1-800-235-8822.