At Toronto United Church Council, we recognize that privacy is important. This document outlines the types of personal information we receive and collect when you subscribe to and use our website and information, as well as some of the steps we take to safeguard information.
What information we collect on tucc.ca:
- we collect anonymous usage information through the server web logs for the purpose of statistical analysis.
- we put a cookie on your browser for the purpose of statistical tracking.
- we put a session cookie (ie. a cookie that will disappear the moment you close all of your web browsers and/or turn off the computer) on your browser for the purpose of authentication / logging in.
- we collect e-mail addresses (when the user provides it) solely for use by Toronto United Church Council to communicate news and events that may be of interest. This e-mail address will not be used for other purposes or sold to a third party.
What we do to protect your privacy:
- we do not sell your data to any third party.
- we do our best to protect the site and its data from any risk.
- we will alert all users affected (if e-mail address is provided) if sensitive data is compromised.